This fall, Alice also started her first rowing season on the middle school team. Alice was excited about her two regattas: the New England Championships and the MPSRA championship. We were proud of her and her teammates because the regattas in the fall are usually long-range, 2.5-3.5 miles, which is longer than their practice in BareHill Pond.
It was cold and rainy for the New England Championship. The BAB middle school teams were the only two boats in the division. Two boats finished their first 2.5-mile regatta. It was a pity that no medals were awarded because there were fewer than three boats.
| Pull the efforts to lift the boat in the rain, Worcester, MA (New Egland Championship 2024) |
With all the efforts, Alice's team, Girls Middle School 4x+, earned the first gold medal in the MPRSA championship (4.5 km) after beating another boat from BAB! It was really exciting to see Alice's endeavor to make excellence with a team.
| Biting the Gold, Lowell MA, MPRSA Fall 2024 |
Another amazing achievement is that Alice's soccer team, the the AB Independence team, had a 10-0 undefeated BAYS season. All the young ladies buckled down together and got good jab at the end. It also means Alice has made commitments to soccer and rowing simultaneously and keeps her squash practice. I can not imagine that I could make all of these if I were her. Actually, after summer Olympic, she has become a soccer fan, especially for the US Women National Soccer Team.
| Coach Michael, Assist. coach Warren and AB Independence Team, 2024 Fall |
This fall, Alice also started 8th grade and began learning time management. I really believe that she has grown a lot this fall! When I looked all of these back in the past 2 months, I suddenly found she has been involved in sports deeply.
No comments:
Post a Comment